Why does Beto O’Rourke live stream his laundry? (& the 5 reasons to start live streaming your personal brand). I’m sharing one of the best current examples of live streaming happening anywhere.
Beto O’Rourke ran for senate against Ted Cruise, and is now running for president, he ran his campaign as a marathon of live-streamed political performance art—road-tripping with an iPhone on his dashboard.
5 Reasons to go live:
1. It’s authentic – In politics & in marketing there’s a truth problem – ditch the script – doing it live – it reads as REAL. Ditch the script.
2. It’s not robotic – show your flaws and all. The glory of livestream, where saying “I don’t know” in real time actually gives you more authority,
because then your audience will believe it when you say what you do know.
3. It makes you accessible – livestreaming brings everybody together in real time in a real way. The way we perceive something is happening is to see it happening. We expect to have access to important events and important people.
4. It’s engaging – humanize your brand. Take people behind the scenes, into your ride, into meetings that are happening live.
5. It breaks down the wall – before livestreaming there was a physical and social wall between brands & their audiences – candidates running for office, rockstars on stage, influencers of all kinds were all too far removed. Live video breaks down that wall and brings everyone into the same room
Who are your favorite live streamers? Who do you recommend?
Does doing live video seem dangerous to you? After all it is a non-filtered, unpackaged, come-what-may approach to presentation.
Are you doing live video? Where do you go live? What’s your experience compared to doing pre-recorded video?