Join Restream & get a great discount: https://restream.io/join/showup
Here’s a question that I hear a lot, “Should I make pre-recorded videos or should I go live?”
“Which is better, pre-corded or live video?”
And yes, I have some strong opinions on this topic!
So here comes my deep dive into the pros & cons between pre-recorded vs live video…
The BIG promise of video is that it leverages your time – letting you speak one to many. But which of these two formats gives you more leverage?
I’m firmly in the ‘go live and thrive’ camp – here’s my short list of the advantages of live streaming:
1. You can let go of being perfect
2. There’s no editing! The HUGE time bottleneck in pre-recorded video is in the large amount of time it needs to edit.
3. More engagement – when you’re live, you’re ‘the hostess with the mostest’ – people interact with you & each other – all that engagement give you more reach
4. More Reach – likes comments, shares – It all juices the algorithm – You can invite guests on & pair your stream with your guests so you’re live on both your channels – Multicasting is a thing. You can stream to multiple locations at once!
5. Simple – get started with your phone – go live anywhere – in the moment – be spontaneous!
6. You can repurpose your live video so many ways – turn your live into pre-recorded clips for shorts & reels – it’s so time efficient – go live once – show up everywhere, every. single. day.
Are you going live? Why not?
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Live Stream Show!
If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business marketing journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave an honest review.
Or simply share this episode on social media using the links below.